Intertextual Connections


Bible study

I am glad I went tonight. I had nearly forgotten the experience and the impression that BGC bible study leaves upon me. It's simply refreshing and indeed encouraging to be studying the word of God with familiar faces. I look forward to many more Thursdays with them. It's undeniable that I'll be learning much from them and also dwelling in the word over time. It's time for me to re-account myself, maybe this is my calling for this year.

"Just come home..."

I am thankful for the lesson learnt tonight. The relevance of Jesus, the priority He has over us and the control He has over our lives. We could be at different stages in our life, or repeating a certain cycle of ups or downs, yet I'm sure, that He is ultimately in the game with us. Maybe, I'll never comprehend what He did and How He died for us on the cross, but my experiences with Him has led me to believe inspite of my weak body, He has chosen to use me for the extension of His kingdom. That is comforting to know.

I am thankful for the mentors and other leaders at church who some have seen me rise and fall in my walk. I am encouraged to see the younger ones filled with passion and energy and loving Him like a 12 year old. I wished I had that kind of imprint in me. To possess such flavour that when I express, they know that the living God is in me. Tonight, I learnt the living compassion and humility of fellowship.

I am thankful for those who prayed for my arrival inspite the delay over the many months. I am thankful that I was reminded if I wanted to pursue the race of life, purposefully and spritiually, I should conduct my manner accordingly. Previously, being scattered and having the go forth attitude has left me to be exhausted and forgetting to live in the present.

Tonight, I don't need to have moments to complete me. Tonight, I have the present.

1 Responses to “Bible study”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Good to see you wanting to take hold of the power of the treasure inside you. One day, the Lord will make us more than just jars of clay ;) Keep the faith, bro.  

Post a Comment



© 2005-2006 Intertextual Connections | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.